Homicide & Assault
Denver Homicide & Assault Lawyer
Experienced Criminal Attorney in the Denver Metro Area
Jim Castle has handled an excess of 50 homicide cases, including some of Colorado’s most serious cases. He has obtained complete acquittals for more clients charged with homicide than any defense lawyer in Colorado. See the media section of our website for information about some of the more notable homicide defense cases handled by our firm.
Jim Castle believes that being a lawyer is an honor and with that honor comes the responsibility of serving when called upon. Jim Castle is often called upon by federal or state judges to take on Colorado’s most important criminal cases. Jim was called upon by the United Nations to take on the criminal defense of a man facing charges before an international U.N. tribunal.
Our Approach to Murder Cases
The best approach to resolving felony charges of such serious crimes such as murder, homicide, or aggravated assault will normally involve legal counsel committed to your well-being.
Our goal is to get you out of trouble. In some cases, that means negotiating a plea on a felony assault charge down to a misdemeanor. In other cases, that means arranging for deferred judgment on the original charge to protect your right to a dismissal and eventual sealing of your criminal records.
Whenever necessary, however, we can present your defense to a jury at trial. We will make sure that the jury hears the facts indicating self-defense, mistaken identity, diminished capacity, or any other theory of the case that could convince the jury to find you not guilty.
Along the way, our lawyer and staff will put in the work to keep as much incriminating evidence as possible out of the record. This effort can result in the reduction of charges or even the dismissal of the case.
Keeping Your & Your Family’s Interests in Mind
Castle & Castle also is keenly aware that a criminal case affects not just our client, but the client’s family and friends. Compassion and sensitivity are important and our clients often ask us to soften the blows that come to their loved ones during trying times.
Jim is listed in Best Lawyers in America 2008-present, The American Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and Super Lawyers®. Jim Castle is also AV® rated by Martindale Hubbell®.
Castle & Castle know what it takes to achieve success in such serious cases as:
- Capital murder or felony murder
- Homicide or manslaughter
- Vehicular homicide or assault
- Assault in the first or second degree
- Concealed or illegal weapons offenses
- Violent juvenile offenses
- Misdemeanor assault charges in municipal or county court
- Domestic assault or family violence cases
Although most violent crimes are charged in the state court system, we can also handle homicide or assault cases charged in federal court. Jim Castle is one of five lawyer in Colorado recognized as “learned counsel” under standards established by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts for the defense of federal capital crimes.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.